Saturday 10 December, 2005

Pakistan's Army sells quake relief material!

Rediff reported that:

UNHCR [the UN refugee agency] gave the Pakistan Army more than 2,000 winterised tents for distribution among the most deserving quake victims living at an altitude of 5,000 to 6,000 feet above sea level, the official says.

The army officers sold them in Islamabad's markets.

A farmer named Nizamuddin bought one such tent for one of his relatives living in PoK. The UNHCR checked the local markets and it was confirmed that its tents had been sold.

What is astonishing is:

"I would chase every helicopter hovering over the Neelam Valley hoping that it might drop a tent. I waited for two weeks and finally decided to come to Muzaffarabad. I hoped to get a tent from the army relief camps. I literally begged for a tent but no one took pity on me. I went to the mujahideen [jihadis] of Jamatud Dawa who provided me a tent immediately," says Ali ur Rehman, a Neelam Valley villager.

I wonder whether terrorists are well stocked than Pakistani Army, Specially when Pakistani army is responsible for relief work in the quake hit areas and providing information to international relief agencies?. Importantly does morality of Pakistan's National Army is lesser than that of jihadis(terrorists)?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very shocking news, the politicians only do like this, now Pakistan army people do this. :(