Monday 31 March, 2008

Amazing social worker

I'm bit skeptical about the media and their ways of creating news but if this is really true, then it is amazing to know that we still have such people left on this planet:

He was walking toward the stairs when a teenage boy approached and pulled out a knife.

"He wants my money, so I just gave him my wallet and told him, 'Here you go,'" Diaz says.

As the teen began to walk away, Diaz told him, "Hey, wait a minute. You forgot something. If you're going to be robbing people for the rest of the night, you might as well take my coat to keep you warm."

In such instances, usually people get angry thinking of their loss but here is a person, who wants to genuinely help this perpetrator and make him realize. Very few people overcome their emotions and think of reasons for a person to risk his freedom for the sake of few dollars. Thats simply amazing!.

Rest of this fascinating story can be read here.

2 comments:

Jeevan said...

He is a Real social worker to the size of his kindness in heart. Thanks for sharing this heartfelt news buddy :)

Anonymous said...

People like this are rare...I'm not certain I would have been able to think on my feet as well. I feel sorry for people who feel the need to steal.