Monday 29 June, 2009

Pictures Of Sri Kalahasti

I was going through my CD collections and i found some pictures Of Sri Kalahasti Temple Town, which i took three years ago and thought of sharing them.

Sri Kalahasti temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is one of the five major Shiva temples. It is situated on the banks of the river Swarnamukhi and it is 36 kms from Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh, India. Initial structure was built in the 5th century and later it was extended in the 12th century. Entire temple is carved out of the side of a huge stone hill and it is recognized for it's architectural brilliance. Unfortunately, photography is prohibited inside the temple.

This is one of the gopurams(entrance towers)

This elephant at the entrance of the temple gives blessings to devotees in exchange for coins.

View from the top of the mountain

This is the garden near the temple

I took these pictures with Sony Ericsson’s K750i, therefore clarity isn’t good.

6 comments:

Jeevan said...

The views are excellent and the gopuram stands stunning! i heard about this temple through my relatives who had gone there.

Shuuro said...

Thanks Jeevan. Architecture is stunning considering that it was built many hundreds of years ago.

Ash said...

Delightful!

Urmi said...

I liked your blog very much.I appreciate for the beautiful presentation with lovely photos.
You are welcome in my blogs.

tat_tvam_asi said...

Great job! I wish I can click like this.

Unknown said...

great job thanks for these pictures