Wednesday 27 July, 2005

Our craving for social acceptance!

Yahoo News reported that:
A woman who told police she wanted to be a "cool mom" pleaded guilty to sexual assault charges Monday for having sex with high school boys at parties where authorities said she supplied drugs and alcohol.
He said Johnson told investigators "she was never popular with classmates in high school and now began `feeling like one of the group.
Not her immoral acts, but her explanation which made me to ponder!. Why most of us crave for social acceptance? for being social animals? but why our desire for acceptance blinds our thinking? why this acceptance should have so much bearing on our mind?. Is this something to do with our genetic make-up or something else? I'm confused, i can't reflect my thoughts properly and my intellect fails me!.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheer Pressure , this Peer pressure !!

BTW, I found your comments in Vatsan's and Jo's blogs very informative. Please keep posting such write-ups

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comments :)