Friday 12 August, 2005

Why i read blogs?

I was participating in a survey conducted by blogger.com and had this question and here are my thoughts. Well, I like to read blogs because i find people's opinions & thoughts quite fascinating & stimulating. I spend lot of time in search of blogs, which captivates my thoughts. No, I don't live in cave and i do have social life but the thing is, people are much more open in expressing about themselves in their blogs and most importantly i can see their world through their eyes. This way, i could know about different perspectives of the people and learn about their culture and it's influence on their thinking. Only thing which disappoints me is, when a blogger tends to act obsequiously towards their blog readers in their writings, than giving importance to blogging honestly.

I need to find a way to organize these blogs and way to subscribe to them, Its too bad that too many bloggers don't provide xml or rss feeds :(. I'm bit lazy to update those blogs here to my list, may be i would do it in the future.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shuuro, try bloglines.com. Might be of interest to you. But if you already are using a RSS reader, this is old news to you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the advice. I had tried bloglines once but did not like it.