Sunday 18 June, 2006

How did i start blogging? and the future!!!

Once upon a time, there was a serious debate in IC group over caste system. Initially i did not take any interest in it, but when a person, from whom i learned many valuable things had expressed his views, which according to me were not appropriate & were outdated, i felt the need to record my views somewhere and analyze this entire debate. At the same time, i came across a blog, where i needed a user id to comment on a post. Therefore i created a blog profile for myself and simultaneously i wrote to the moderators of IC to get their permission in using messages from IC group for my analysis. Due to lack of enough time to describe this complex debate, i couldn't write my analysis but in this process of understanding different perspectives, there was a need to change my perspective on the caste system in awake of abundant information provided in this debate, which included various historic aspects of this age old and currently distorted system. This encouraged me to maintain a journal to keep track of my perspective on various issues and this became impetus for my blogging.

As time progressed, there was this urge to blog about my personal issues, most of the time i resisted this urge (if we ignore my occasional outbursts). I was hesitant because i was not sure the kind of impression this will be having on people who i know, when they read this or for that matter any of my virtual friends might think but finally i decided, good or bad its part of me and i should be honest in presenting myself. I'm not a blogger, who cares about ones image & i blog for my pleasure, therefore i decided to blog about negative aspects of myself when ever possible, only to improve myself. I always wondered why most of the bloggers who blog about their life, blog rosy things about themselves than being balanced by blogging about not so positive things , it is not that they don't have their conscious to remind them or that everyone of them is righteous or perfect. I think it depends on confidence level of that person and most of them may be afraid of ones image they would be presenting but again i don't want to generalize & there might be different reasons which i may not comprehend now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was blogging continuously for my mind change, really I don’t know what is blog, when I start it. I was searching how to create a website, for write what I thought and got this.

Anonymous said...

I was ego-blogging initially, then it dawned upon me ... i am ago-blogging (i.e., only once in a while :) )

Have now decided to blog abt humor, info and research on Hindu wisdom.